Research is one of the fields at Yncréa Hauts-de-France schools.
It integrates basic research and applied research, training through research and promotion and partnership with the world of industry.
The schools contribute their own specific expertise and research subjects.
With the creation of Yncréa Hauts-de-France adds new approaches to existing subjects which underpin the experience of the schools, allowing multi-disciplinary cross-linking. The following cross-linked subjects have been identified:
- Habitat, Energy and the Environment
- Functional Green Materials
- Ubiquitous, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
- Co-design and Collective Intelligence (in the framework of ADICODEs).
Research at ISEN
Fields of Research
- Electronics and Microelectronics
- Information Technology
- Material Physics and Nanosciences
School researchers work in different joint laboratories created with the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), with the universities of Lille and Valenciennes (France).
- Microsystems - Microtechnologies
- Co-Design and Collective Intelligence
- Signal and Image Processing
- IEMN: (Institute of Electronics, Microelectronics and Nanotechnology) in Villeneuve d’Ascq (North)
- IRCICA: (Research Institute for Software and Hardware Components for Information Technology and Advanced Communication), in Villeneuve d’Ascq
- IRI: (Interdisciplinary Research Institute) oriented towards nanobiology, in the process of being created in Villeneuve d’Ascq (North)
Each of these laboratories work with many institutes around the world: From the American Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) to the Singapore Technical University and including the University of Rabat in Morocco or the University of Delft in the Netherlands.
Research at ISA
Fields of Research
- Agri-Food (sensory evaluation, eco-extraction, etc.), in collaboration with the Regional Laboratory of Agri-Food and Biotechnology Research: The Charles VIOLLETTE Institute (France)
- Environment, with a connection to the Laboratory of Civil Engineering and Geo-Environment (LGCgE in Lille, Northern France) (Geochemical characterization of soils and creation of reference values, study of the behavior of pollutants in soils and the transfer mechanisms to the biosphere and man, contribution to the remediation and management of highly contaminated soils, etc.)
- Agriculture (crop/plant-based-biocide-elicitor parasitology, veterinary parasitology, livestock monitoring, characterization and selection of domestic swine, etc.)
- Economics and Management (basic research in rural geography and finance on price volatility in agricultural markets, research-action via implementation in regional and national projects related to agricultural and territorial development issues, transfer for the creation of agricultural and rural observatories in the territories of Nord-Pas-de-Calais (France), etc.)
Research at HEI
3 Subject Clusters Complemented by Cross-Functional Approaches
- Electrical Network Clusters and Intelligent Transportation (energy efficiency and increased reliability of electrical networks, Error-tolerant systems, etc.)
- Processes, Sustainable Chemistry and Health Cluster (Energy and Processing Engineering, energy efficiency for processes, creation and synthesis of new organic molecules, health engineering, non-linear signal and image processing, etc.)
- Innovative Materials Cluster (thermal habitat, textile and photometry materials, hydric transfer, fatigue-damage of materials and structures)
- “Energy, Habitat, Environment (EHE)", a cross-functional subject in which all researchers are from one of the three clusters, centered around questions about intelligent and sustainable cities (building envelopes, sustainable building renovation and energy consumption, electrical network architecture and energy management in buildings, integration of electric vehicles into the habitat, etc.)
- "Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management" (Innovation methodology/engineering, innovation and creativity educational approaches, entrepreneurial education method)